Thursday, February 24, 2011

the motherland

In complete contrast to the fall when I stayed in Malaga virtually every weekend, February and March are full of travel for me. I started in Seville and then this past weekend made a long overdue visit to Leicester ("Lester"), England to visit my family. We had a seven person Williams family reunion, the only people missing were my mom (mum?) and Char. Even though the circle was incomplete I had a great time catching up with my family, some of whom I hadn't seen since August 2005 (even though everyone made fun of my accent all weekend) and doing a whole lot of nothing. England, as everyone's aware, isn't known for its weather, so the typical cold, rainy Midlands winter was the perfect excuse to stay inside, watch TV, read, talk and eat. While I love the food in Spain, it was nice to get away from the constant incorporation of ham into every meal for a few days. I also got to stock up on my favorite English snacks! Even though Erica thinks they sound like made-up food straight out of Harry Potter, I assure you that Jaffa Cakes, Wine Gums, Liquorice Allsorts and Fruit Pastilles are real and delicious.

The pictures below probably won't amuse anyone who isn't a part of the Williams/McChrystal/Saguez/Thompson clan, but for those select and special few - here you go!

The boy cousins and Ran/Granny

Williams ladies, minus Jood

Family dinner

With the American

Williams clan

No comments:

Post a Comment