Sunday, November 14, 2010

the best 3 euro i've ever spent



Last weekend some friends and I decided to venture to another nearby city where my friend Erica teaches, Torremolinos, for its annual wine festival. This was, in short, the best 3 euro that any human being has ever spent. Ever. Our 3 euros bought us an entrance fee and coupons for five glasses of wine...we didn't use any of the tickets. Instead we milled around making friends with the various vendors, sampling their favorites and attempting to talk about wine in broken Spanish. Many of them were older men, so they found it endearing that a group of American girls were trying. That or they were being creepy, but we had a great time. I used my very basic knowledge of wine that my oenophile father has passed down to me and actually managed to have a couple real conversations about the vineyards, aging process and storage that created the various wines. Bravo, Sam. Torremolinos is a huge British ex-pat/retiree city so after the festival we explored for a little while before having hamburgers and french fries for dinner. I had never been so happy to see a burger in my life.




This man asked us for our autographs, we signed various famous (male and female) names


No comments:

Post a Comment