Saturday, April 30, 2011

help me, ronda

Apparently there's a song called Help Me, Rhonda and as I'm fresh out of wit that is what this post shall be called. A while ago (apologies for the time delay) I spent the day in a town called Ronda with my friend Erica and her parents. I was supposed to go when Tim Tom and Jood were here but a particularly pleasant bout of food poisoning stopped us. I happily tagged along a week later on another family outing and it was well worth it because Ronda is stunning. Many people list it as one of their favorite locations in Andalucia and it's easy to see why. A quaint, white-washed town, there is a massive gorge in the middle of the center with incredible views of the countryside. Ronda is also very famous for bullfighting, many of the most famous bullfighters in Spain have trained at the Ronda bullring. We wandered around the town, took lots of pictures and took a great tour of the bullring. You even got to wander through the ring from where the bull starts its day to where it ends it...and when I say "it" I mean it's life. The bull doesn't win, I learned that the hard way.

View in Ronda

Ronda

Toro

The Ronda bridge

Ronda

Ronda

Pretty little streets

White-washed houses

Church in Ronda

Ronda

Zig-zag down the mountain

Bridge

Panorama, so high tech

Bullring

Where the bulls come out

Vamos!

No comments:

Post a Comment